Cool Little Kids Workshops™
Delivery format: Group for Parents
Age Range: Parents of 3-6 year olds
Targets: excessive shyness, separation anxiety and lack of confidence.
The Cool Little Kids program is an early intervention program targeted at parents of 3 to 6 year old children who exhibit excessive shyness or anxiety. Cool Little Kids equips parents with both knowledge and practical skills and tips on how to help their child manage and overcome anxiety.
The program uses Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) techniques to give parents effective tools and strategies to assist their children. Topics of the program include:
- Understanding anxiety and shyness in preschool children
- Causes and risk factors for child anxiety
- Helpful and unhelpful ways of responding to anxiety in children
- Skills and strategies to help your child build brave behaviours and face fears
- Dealing with setbacks and difficulties
- How to maintain progress after the program ends.
The program consists of 6 group sessions across a 6-8 week period, held at the same time each week. Each session runs for approximately 2 hours.
To find out more about completing the Cool Little Kids Program, please contact us for more information.
If you are interested in completing the program please register your interest.